JOIN FAM

Friday, September 3, 2010

VACANCY: THERAPIST FOR HIRE, APPPLY WITHIN

I never gave much thought to therapy, heck if you say therapy in Nigeria everybody’s mind like an alarm screams: Yaba Left, Yaba Left i.e. you don dey crase, Yaba left was actually churned from the Yaba Psychiatric hospital, my greatest Akokites are familiar with this terminology already because there was a particular period after a major riot in the University of Lagos that the school administration were purported to have declared that all students in addition to a fine of N10,000 per student must go for psychiatric check-up...Kaiii imagine the embarrassment after THEY DON HAMMER collecting 10,000 from over 36,000 students - you do the math.

Don’t mind me hating on the school, I am just upset about the Nigerian education system: I don tire for their wahala. Back to my ramblings about therapy, do you think we need it in Nigeria? Or maybe at least for us Lasgidi people because i am telling you sometimes if you try reading the looks the faces of people...omo, some people need to untie that worrisome knot before it chokes them.

Let me put my self on the HOT SEAT; borrowing my padi Dapo Ajayi’s line, I have been on this PILIGRIMAGE called education for a while now (forget it I aint giving specifics on how long), but finally after all the wuru and magomago I finally reached the final stage, and then like a serpent all sort funny issues started to crawl out of their murky, scrawny holes. I mean they literally threatened all that I had worked so hard for.

Imagine all the speaking in tongues and shaking of head (you know how we do it in MFM...lol). After all even the bible says that a worker is due of his wages which in my case is a student is due of his GPA (Grade Point Average). I do not stand alone in this quandary because any one that has gone through a Federal or State owned Nigerian university especially in recent times know what I am talking about...Kaiii(the thought just stung at my heart again).

I mean that is my story imagine the rest of Lagos; scorching sun, LASMA, PHCN, Unemployment, bills, etc. And multiply that times 365days, aha, are you sure that we still don’t need that therapy.
See for me, therapy is an healthy occasion to release the stress from your mind before you go BOOM like Tom after being hit by Jerry’s rocket - I wonder when Tom the cat would give up and realise that he aint ever going to have that mouse for dinner...:)

For some their spouse is their therapist, others have family and or friends to pour out their heart to, still again we have fellowships both corporate (Yaba left...Lmao) and informal, and in my case today it’s you guys...mischievous me (grinning). Let’s not forget that Baba God dey there oooooh.

Thank you for your time with no charge, you should try it sometime its amazing.
I can even be your therapist for a day for a small fee (chuckles). So you need a therapist, apply within.

1 comment: