JOIN FAM

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A WORLD WITHOUT MEN

As I tapped his giant muscles, in my heart I prayed he wouldn’t toss me into the ocean…to my surprise, he did't. He did what I told him to do, reminding me that they are people just like me.

The Fair Life Africa Foundation is developing with the initiative: focusing on street children through the ‘Breakfast and Talk’ approach. Beautiful children who have lived on the streets most of their lives, working in Kuramo beach: cleaning the beach and washing cars are given meals, and an environment is created were these children can share their feelings.

Although my decision to help out with the children was initially selfish, I have discovered a deeper respect not only for the foundation but also for women. I have noticed a certain trend: women are more involved in social work than the men folk. So when I had to face some strong boys whose muscles were bulging through their vests I threw caution to the wind and started organising the boys as much as I could and at the end of the day I knew that I had made an excellent decision.




‘Empowering people for a fairer life’ is the focal point of the Fair Life Africa Foundation; I couldn’t have said it better my self. So as the world had set out a day to remember women, I challenge the men out there to support the women in their lives…support the children in their neighbourhood and if you are not sure how, NGOs like the Fair Life Africa Foundation are in need of volunteers and sponsors, so join now!

Why men? Because a nation without a mother lacks compassion but a nation without a father has no discipline. Our children need that discipline so that they will be able to stand on their own, and in the future carry on the baton from were we stop.

It takes a village to train a child…

Fair Life Africa Foundation

TO SUPPORT CONTACT:
fairlifeafrica@gmail.com
www.fairlifeafrica.org

No comments:

Post a Comment